Monday, September 1, 2008

Labour of Love


It all started with henna*, and today it comes full circle.

Somewhere between loads of laundry, baking chocolate zucchini cake, looking after my daughter and contemplating picking the apples (nope, didn't get to them)... this blog was born.

The birth of "Goddess Mommies" (of Calgary) followed the birth of my daughter by approximately six weeks. The publishing of this blog, 9 months later.

Having a baby completely changed my life, as I'm sure it did for many of you reading this.

My goal through starting this company is both to connect with other Moms out there, and also to help make the transition easier. I would like to go back to the idea that it takes a village to raise our children, as I believe that we are all connected.

Namaste!

* henna courtesy of my dear friend Larissa, of the Marvelous Maids of Mehndi